Thursday, February 9, 2012

C4T #1

Comment 1


I was assigned to Miguel Guhlin's blog Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org and I commented on the blog Exploring #! Crunchbang Linux. In this blog, Mr. Guhlin described his experience of trying out the CrunchBang version of the Linux system. "CrunchBang is a Debian GNU/Linux based distribution offering a great blend of speed, style and substance. Using the nimble Openbox window manager, it is highly customizable and provides a modern, full-featured GNU/Linux system without sacrificing performance." This is a quote from his blog of the description of Crunchbang. He continues to talk about some difficulties he had while trying out the system and how he was able to overcome these difficulties. He said that he hasn't decided if he wants to keep using this system or if he wants to switch back to his previous system, but that he does "like the minimalist theme."
My comment:
"Hello, my name is Carly Willoughby. I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I have been assigned to your blogs for my EDM 310 class. On 2/12/12 I will be publishing a summary of this blog and my comment on my blog- http://www.willoughbycarlyedm310.blogspot.com
This is our class blog- http://edm310.blogspot.com
I have heard of the Linux system once from my dad. So either this isn't very popular with college students, or I don't have very many friends who are technology literate. I just have the Windows 7 system that came with my laptop. This system sounds so much more complicated than anything I'm use to. I suppose I could always just give it a try and if I don't like it take it off of my computer."

Comment 2


A flipping boy.

In Mr. Guhlin's blog #FlippedClassroom Webinar Reminder #tcea2012, he posted a slideshow showing and telling about "flipping the classroom". I didn't know what this was so I had to do some research. I Googled it and came upon How the Flipped Classroom Is Radically Transforming Learning and this explained to me that "flipping the classroom" is making the classroom more technology based.. This will keep the students up-to-date on what we've been doing if they have to miss class, and can help the parents to know what their children are doing and could help them on homework. It was very interesting, and I hope to be able to do this in my classroom
My comment:
"Hello again Mr Guhlin! Before I read this post, I had no idea what "flipping the classroom" meant. Your slideshow gave me a little insight, but I still wasn't completely sure what this was. I did a search for it and found How the Flipped Classroom Is Radically Transforming Learning through Google. This explained to me that it is a way of making the classrooms more technology based. I found this very interesting and would like to incorporate this in my future classroom. I don't just want to be a lecturer, I want to be someone who inspires children to be all they can be and reach their potential in life.
I will be publishing my post, with the summary of your two blogs I have commented on, tonight on My Blog"

No comments:

Post a Comment