Sunday, April 1, 2012

C4K Summary for March

C4K #5


On the blog Miriam Lord 100 Word Challenge, the students have to write a story using only 100 words, plus the extra words the teacher requires them to place in their story. This weeks words were, "the weather changed for the worst". Zara wrote about a girl named Amnesia who lives in Hawaii where there was a very active volcano. She was planning her birthday party and had invited all of her friends. One day when she came home, her mom told her that her that her party had to be cancelled because the weather had changed for the worst ... the volcano was about to blow!
Cartoon volcano

My Comment:
"My name is Carly Willoughby, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I will be posting a summary of this post on my blog. This is a very interesting story. It also sounds scary! I've never been near a volcano, so I can only imagine what it would be like to live near one that was about to erupt. The end of the story makes me want more. What happened to the girl and her family? Did they get away from the volcano before it erupted? How were they able to celebrate her birthday instead of the party? This was a great story to illustrate the subject of "the weather has changed for the worst". Thank you for allowing me to read such a great story written in 100 words. I enjoyed it! I always love a good suspenseful story."

C4K #6


A cartoon spider
This week I commented on the same blog Miriam Lord 100 Word Challenge, but this time the words were white, spiders, carefully, pushed, and fifty. Zahra wrote about a girl named Amy who went camping with her parents. Her dad had to go to work so she and her mom were left sleeping in the tent. When Amy woke up, she saw she was surrounded by "fifty little spiders which looked like white cotton buds". She carefully woke up her mom, and they called her dad to come get them.
My comment:
"Hi Zahra! My name is Carly Willoughby, and I'm a student at the University of South Alabama. I love how you tell the story from Amy's point-of-view. It feels a little more personal. I love to go camping, but I hate bugs! Especially spiders. If I find one in my house, I have to get someone else to kill it for me because I'm too freaked out to go near it! This is a really good story and most people could say they feel the same way about spiders. Thank you for allowing me to read your great story! Continue doing great work in school!"

C4K #7


My C4K this week has posted a list of things about him. He likes to play Call of Duty on the Wii. He lives in Vermont. He likes RC trucks and buggies.
Call of Duty: Black Ops video game cover

My comment:
"Hello! My name is Carly Willoughby, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I will be commenting on your blog for the next 3 weeks for my EDM 310 class and making a summary of your post on my blog. My little brother plays Call of Duty on his xBox. My boyfriend doesn't have the game, but he loves to play it when he visits his friends' houses. I've played it a couple of times, but I don't like the blood and killing. That's not my kind of game. I like racing games. I haven't been to Vermont. The farthest North I have been is Washington D.C. Have you ever been to New York City? That's somewhere I really want to visit, but it's too far away from Alabama. I don't have the money to take that trip right now. I look forward to commenting on your blog! Keep up the blogging!"

No comments:

Post a Comment